How can Suleman Family Law help with legal research and legal opinions?
Zara Suleman has extensive legal writing and research experience. Zara has been actively involved in publishing research in the area of family law in a variety of capacities, and has provided contract legal research and writing services to individual lawyers for their family law cases. During her Master of Laws, Zara was a teaching assistant for legal writing and research courses.
Zara can be contracted to:
- Provide legal research memos
- Summarize case law
- Research case law
- Provide a legal opinion
- Provide social science research support
- Conduct research involving novel or unique areas of family law
Zara has been involved in a diverse range of research projects that have covered areas involving:
- Violence against women and children
- Sexual assault, family violence, child abuse
- Gendered impacts for women (economic, health, access to justice, etc.)
- Best interest of the child
- Custody and access
- Assisted reproduction and fertility issues
- Mental health issues and trauma
- Immigrant and refugee issues
- Impacts of acculturation
- Racism and critical race and legal studies
- Expropriation research
- Archival research
- Research on issues affecting the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) communities
- Access to Justice
Sometimes to advance legal arguments it is necessary to have secondary social science research that can address and highlight important facts of your family law file. An accessible, thorough, well-written, current and comprehensively-researched legal memo or research summary can be a useful asset in the litigation or settlement process.
Suleman Family Law would be happy to provide a quote for any of your contract legal research and/or legal opinion requests. Please feel free to send us an email outlining the following:
- Area or scope of research request, e.g. research review on spousal support
- Format of research request, e.g. memo, annotated case law
- Contact information/person
Please contact Suleman Family Law for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Please visit our Resources and Publications page for additional resources and publications.